Previous Constituency/Parliament Hill experience is not necessarily required. If an applicant is energetic, with initiative, committed to the community, diligent and eager to learn, training will be provided. Salary and hours commensurate with experience. Please see below for job description:
Constituency Assistant – Job Description
• Working on constituent case files – i.e. immigration, student loans, seniors issues, (including OAS, CPP and GIS), CRA, EI and other concerns
• Managing and maintaining office filing system (digital CRM);
• Database management (digital);
• Interacting with visitors and constituents arriving at the office;
• Deal with daily queries from members of the public by phone or email, taking appropriate initial action to resolve, document or escalate their concerns or enquiries.
• Availability to work evenings and weekends as required; and
• Other duties as required.
Qualifications & requirements:
• Previous office experience is an asset;
• Management experience will be considered an asset
• Excellent command of both French and English (written & spoken) is required;
• Previous experience working with the public;
• An outgoing personality;
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, high stress environment;
• Effective multi-tasking;
• A demonstrated commitment to community volunteerism
• Familiarity with programs run by the federal government
• High proficiency in Microsoft Office and a general computer literacy, knowledge/experience of a customer relations management system (CRM) platform;
• Staffing MP events in the constituency when needed (fairs, town halls, parades, etc.).
• Strong knowledge of Ottawa-Vanier and community stakeholders considered a strong asset
• Flexible schedule;
• Attention to detail.
Submit by January 15th 2020